by Steph Creaturo
Since using oat milk in my smoothie the other day, I was wondering what to do with the leftover oat milk. I’m a huge tea person and start off each day with a hot cup of chai. I make a big batch at the beginning of the week (I love this recipe) and then make lattes with homemade almond milk.
I thought chai spiced oat milk sounded like it was worth a try.
– 1 cup of oat milk (I used Bob’s Gluten Free Oats)
– 3 cups water and lots of ice
– 2 heaping teaspoons of ground cinnamon (I used Penzy’s)
– 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
– A dash of ainse star seeds
– 5 cloves (You can grind them. I threw them in whole and let the Vitamix do the work.)
– Half a small whole nutmeg ball
– 2 tablespoons honey (I bet dates would also work)
– Dash of vanilla extract (I want to try this with whole vanilla bean, but am out!)
You can adjust the spices according to how spicy you want this. I love cardamom and nutmeg and dialed those up as such. I am enjoying this iced as an after-lunch snack and already am wondering how it might taste in my hot tea tomorrow morning!