by Steph Creaturo
I realized we make a lot of smoothies with nuts, and nuts aren’t everyone’s thing. Allergies, sensitivities, preferences – nuts might not work for you and your family. Or, you might just be sick of them and need a change. Here’s a nut-free smoothie for your weekly rotation.
– 1 cup of soaked pumpkin and sunflower seeds
– 1 banana
– 2 tablespoons Vega Antioxidant Blend
– Half-cup soaked gluten-free oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
– 1 cup of fresh blackberries & raspberries
– 2 ripe peaches
– Handful of fresh mint
– Dash of flaxseeds
– Drizzle of molasses (if you wanted sweeter, you could add maple syrup)
– 5 massive kale leaves (sans stems)
– 3 cups water and ice
Not the prettiest smoothie I ever made (it’s khaki. Really), but the blue mason jar makes it a-ok. I felt like it was a bit lighter without all the nuts, which was nice for those super-hot summer days.